Canadian Rockies Trail Guide
By : Brian Patton and Bart Robinson9th edition
6 x 9 inches
May 2011; revised and reprinted 2017
CANADIAN ROCKIES TRAIL GUIDE
With sales of over 270,000 copies, the Canadian Rockies Trail Guide is one of best-selling non-fiction books in Canadian publishing history.
Hikers affectionately refer to this hiking guidebook as “the Bible.” When it was published in 1971, it was the first book with accurate distances and detailed descriptions to the hiking trails of the Canadian Rockies.
The 9th edition, which we have revised and reprinted for 2017, covers more than 3,400 km (2100 miles) of hiking trails in Banff, Jasper, Yoho, Kootenay and Waterton Lakes National Parks, plus the provincial parks of Mt. Assiniboine, Mt. Robson, Akamina-Kishinena, Peter Lougheed, and Elk Lakes.
The 9th edition includes:
• Descriptions of 229 Canadian Rockies hikes and routes plus dozens of side trips
• More than 150 photographs
• 40 maps
• Trail logs measured by “trail wheel”
• GPS co-ordinates for all trailheads
• Sources for information, maps, backcountry lodging, and transportation
• Competitive pricing: Other hiking guides to the Canadian Rockies sell for up to $36.95.
Our Canadian Rockies hiking blog offers up-to-date trail information, hiking tips, and seasonal favourites updated by authors Brian Patton and Bart Robinson.
For a complete history of the Canadian Rockies Trail Guide since the first edition was published in 1971, click here.